Village of Burton:Seeking Seasonal Laborer
The Village of Burton is seeking individuals to fill a temporary part time position as Seasonal Street Department Laborer. You must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and work hours may vary depending on the need. Interested persons may submit a resume and cover letter by 4PM on Thursday, May 6, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to
Village of Burton
Attn: Personnel Committee
P.O. Box 408
Burton, Ohio 44021
The Village of Burton is in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wastewater Class II Operator Utilities Assistant
Full Time $22.50/hr
Under general supervision of the Utilities Supervisor, operates treatment plant in accordance with EPA regulations and requirements and maintains related equipment. Performs task related to the repair of equipment; maintenance of buildings and grounds and other related maintenance task of the Village of Burton Treatment Facilities and their connecting infrastructure as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of operations and maintenance of wastewater/water treatment facilities and mechanical and electrical equipment.
Skill in use of basic laboratory equipment and hand tools; power tools/equipment.
Ability to understand and follow operating instructions; conduct routine sampling procedures and laboratory analysis; perform calculations and perform a variety of manual labor tasks including working indoors and outdoors environments; lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials. Working in confined spaces, climbing ladders and at times regular sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work. Ability to work overtime, weekends and on call as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Currently have Ohio EPA wastewater class II certification
- Pass a physical, as well as a drug test and background check.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
Benefits include OPERS, 2 weeks’ vacation after 1 year, and paid medical.
Interested persons may submit a resume and cover letter identifying qualifications by Friday, March 19, 2021 or until the position is filled to email@example.com or mail to:
Village of Burton
P.O. Box 408
Burton, Ohio 44021
The Village of Burton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Upcoming Events: Spring Clean Up Saturday May 8th:
Specifications for curbside clean-up and un-acceptable items is as follows:
- All material is to be within 3 feet of the curb by 5:00 AM.
- All material must be on street side of ditch line
- Any item left in the ditch line will not be picked up
- Trucks will make one pass down each side of the street, we will not return for late set outs.
- Maximum 15 minute loading time per address
- Collection of all bulk items within reason ( i.e. complete tear down of garage, hot tubs, complete garage doors will not accepted)Chief will be notified of extreme cases.
- Loose items to be boxed, bagged, or bundled
- Lumber to be cut and bundled in 48” lengths 40 lbs. maximum, nails removed
- Carpet to be cut rolled and bundled in 36” lengths 40 lbs. maximum
- Windows, glass and mirrors must be less than 3’ X 4’ in size & taped
- Freon MUST be Removed and tagged from appliances,
- Mattress and cloth furniture to be wrapped in plastic due to bed bugs
- All items to be within reason that two men can safely lift.
- House hold garbage –food waste
- Dead animals
- House hold hazardous waste / liquid paint
- Paints / Solvents
- Propane tanks/ gas tanks.
- Car parts, engines, batteries
- Dirt / Rocks/ Sod/ Concrete / Bricks & Blocks
- No individual item over 5’ long, 3’ wide, or 3’ high, weighing over 100 lbs.
- Brush / Yard Waste
- Appliances containing Freon.
- Tire Drop Off will be on May 8, 2021 from 8am-12pm. (Please drop off tires at the Street Department)
Council will be doing virtual meetings until further notice:
Meeting ID: 819 212 6928
CCR 2019 (Consumer Confidence Report)
Reminder on what is recyclable and what is NOT recyclable:
Geauga County Special Collectionsfor 2021
Please be advised:
Our Burton Utility Department will be marking utility lines on lawns and streets Monday through Friday during normal business hours. If you have any questions or concerns please call the Village Office.
Please note: The Board of Public Affairs recently updated the Rules and Regulations to state that any water and sewer bill not paid by the due date (a delinquent account) AND with a balance of $300 or greater will have services shut off. Payment plans are available to anyone who is having trouble paying their water/sewer bill. If you are making regularly scheduled payments on a payment plan, your account is not delinquent.
The Village of Burton has teamed up with Waste Management to offer Burton Village residents a Single Hauler Trash Program that became effective April 1, 2019. All residents will automatically be enrolled in the standard service level of a 96-gallon trash cart and a 64-gallon recycle cart at a rate of $17.98 per month. To choose a different service level, be sure to contact the Village Office at 440-834-4474. A senior rate is available. Also available is "low volume bag service." Recycling will take place every two weeks. All standard service level customers will get a recycle tote; bag customers have the option of adding recycling service at a rate of $5.00/month. Single Hauler Trash (Waste Management) Frequently Asked Questions
2021 Recycling Schedule
Waste Management Recycling Website
The 2020 Arbor Day celebration was held Saturday, October 10th in the Village Park from 10 AM to 12 PM.
The Village of Burton is on Facebook. Check us out!