Goodwin Street Reconstruction Hickox & Kirtland Paving Notice
Notice of Public Hearing
The Village of Burton Council will hold a Public Hearing at 7:00 PM on Monday, August 10, 2020 in Council Chambers on the second floor of the Burton Public Library located at 14588 West Park Street. Discussion will be held on rezoning of the following parcels:
- Rezone PPN 05-038170, PPN 05-025800 and PPN 05-012250 from R-1 Suburban Residence to B-2 Highway Business
- Zone the 5-acre parcel to be purchased by Preston Superstore to the west of the previous mentioned parcels recently annexed into the village to B-2 Highway Business (previously part of PPN 05-045320)
- Zone the remaining Demko property west of the previous mentioned parcels including the parcel previously part of PPN 05-045320, PPN 05-045319 and PPN 05-145318 recently annexed into the village to R-3 Multiple Residence
The public is welcome to discuss any questions or concerns during the hearing. Information for the proposed changes is available for inspection at the Village Office located on the second floor of the Burton Public Library.
Notice of Public Hearing
The Village of Burton will hold a public hearing pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 715.72(I) on Monday, August 10, 2020 at 7:00 PM on the second floor of the Burton Public Library located at 14588 West Park Street. The purpose of the public hearing is to seek public input concerning (1) the formation of a Joint Economic Development District (“JEDD”) between the Village of Burton and Burton Township for the property in Burton Township where the new Berkshire School District campus will be located; and (2) the terms of the JEDD Agreement. The public is invited to review the proposed JEDD Agreement and submit comments or questions during the hearing. Copies of the proposed JEDD Agreement, map of the property to be included in the JEDD and the income tax schedule will be available for public inspection for a period of thirty days prior to the public hearing at the Village’s Administrative Office located at 14588 W. Park Street.
The Village Office will be open to the public on July 6th. We recommend residents continue to use the payment drop box in the back parking lot but if you will be entering the building, we strongly encourage the use of a mask. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
CCR 2019 (Consumer Confidence Report)
Village of Burton Trash Day:
The Village of Burton will have Trash Day on Saturday, August 15th, 2020. Make sure to mark your calendars!
Only one pile per household and the clean up crew is spending 15 min max for each household.
Garage Sale procedures for the Village of Burton:
Practice social distancing by doing the following:
- Place posters encouraging social distancing for customers to see upon arrival and while shopping.
- Set up tables and chairs within 6 feet apart.
- Use heavy-duty tape to form a flow for customers to follow throughout the sale.
- Ask customers to stand in a line, while spread apart, during a high traffic times.
Clean all tables and chairs several times throughout the day.
- Make sure all merchandise is washed and dried and/or wiped down with a disinfectant product before placing on a table or chair for sale.
- Wipe down all tables and chairs using disinfectant at the end of the day or in the morning before the next day of the sale starts.
- Wear masks and disposable gloves at all times during the sale.
- Have hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol on tables and other places for customers to use.
Reminder on what is recyclable and what is NOT recyclable:
Exciting news, Village Residents! The Village of Burton now offers eBill and Bank Drafts. If you would like to sign up for eBill and/or Bank Drafts, the form is on the Water and Sewer page. Any questions call the Village of Burton office.
Please be advised:
Our Burton Utility Department will be marking utility lines on lawns and streets Monday through Friday during normal business hours. If you have any questions or concerns please call the Village Office.
Please note: The Board of Public Affairs recently updated the Rules and Regulations to state that any water and sewer bill not paid by the due date (a delinquent account) AND with a balance of $300 or greater will have services shut off. Payment plans are available to anyone who is having trouble paying their water/sewer bill. If you are making regularly scheduled payments on a payment plan, your account is not delinquent.
The Village of Burton has teamed up with Waste Management to offer Burton Village residents a Single Hauler Trash Program that became effective April 1, 2019. All residents will automatically be enrolled in the standard service level of a 96-gallon trash cart and a 64-gallon recycle cart at a rate of $17.81 per month. To choose a different service level, be sure to contact the Village Office at 440-834-4474. A senior rate is available. Also available is "low volume bag service." Recycling will take place every two weeks. All standard service level customers will get a recycle tote; bag customers have the option of adding recycling service at a rate of $5.33/month. Single Hauler Trash (Waste Management) Frequently Asked Questions
2020 Recycling Schedule
Waste Management Recycling Website
The 2019 Arbor Day celebration was held Saturday, October 12th in the Village Park from 10 AM to 12 PM.
The Village of Burton is on Facebook. Check us out!